Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Kitty Pilot Cake


So here is my latest creation. I call it Kitty Pilot Cake. It was made for a women who's husband is a pilot and they have a black cat who is a complete "Daddy's Girl." So I wanted to include all the elements that were given to me and this is what I came up with. Both the cat and the plane are made out of fondant, the cake is covered in fondant and the clouds are buttercream frosting.



Here is a close up on the kitty. He was a stubborn little thing because he didn't want to stay together... He is held together by two lolliop sticks through his body and wires holding together his arms. I sculpted him out of fondant and painted him black because fondant is really hard to dye black. I wanted the cake to have a cartoonish feel to it so I had him standing holding a remote control pretending he is flying the airplane.



Here is a close up on the airplane. I am proud of how this turned out. I had to cut each piece out of fondant and then I pieced it all together once the fondant was hard enough to stay in place. The pieces were held together with wires and water was used as a glue.

This was my latest creation but stay tuned for the cakes to come this week. I have a poker cake, where I am going to make a large poker chip. I have a baby shower cake, which is going to be decorated using baby blue and chocolate fondant. And on Saturday I will be completing a Hannah Montana Cake for a little girls birthday.

1 comment:

  1. I am going to be making a cake with a very similar looking plane. This is actually my first time ever using fondant.

    Today I made some cakes and marsh mellow fondant for practice. I am making the cake for my wife who is in the Air Force on a deployment right now. I still have time to practice before she comes home.

    Thanks for the picture, I'll use that as something to look at while I'm doing mine.

    ReplyDelete